Fried chicken might very well be the most popular dish after pizza. There are so many variations that are sure to satisfy every taste bud in the world. You can find spicy or mild fried chicken, pan fried, deep fried, pressure fried chicken. Plus, it seems that any part of the chicken can be fried really, so you can choose among legs, thighs, breasts and much more. Moreover, there are so many different types of sauce you can deep your fried chicken into, from mustard to mayo and ketchup. All in all, you can have fried chicken every day, trying a new recipe each time and you will feel as if you are eating a different meal the whole time.
Fried chicken dates back to the milled ages. In fact, it was the Scottish was first came up with the deep fried chicken and brought their cooking tradition to the South of the United States. On the other hand, the English preferred to bake the chicken or also boil it. Add that many countries in the West of Africa enjoyed fried chicken as well, mostly with spices. Therefore, as you can see, fried chicken is a dish that can be found all over the world, in many different varieties and flavors.
One of my favorite ways to cook chicken breast is by pan frying it and adding a delicious and very delicate mushroom topping with melted cheese. Here’s how to make this exquisite main dish:
- 4 thinly sliced chicken breast filets
- Garlic bread crumbs
- 250g champignon mushrooms
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Canola frying oil
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Place oil and chopped clove of garlic in a small sauce pan and wait until garlic is golden
- In the meanwhile, wash mushrooms thoroughly and cut them into thin slices
- Add mushrooms to the sauce pan and cover
- Let them cook on low medium heat
- Take a frying pan and add a light layer of frying oil on medium heat
- Take a medium mixing bowl and beat the two eggs until well combined
- Take paper plate, cover it with two sheets of paper towel and pour garlic bread crumbs on them
- Take one filet of thinly sliced chicken breast at a time and place into mixing bowl with egg, making sure to cover each filet with the egg properly
- Pass the filet from the bowl on to the bread crumbs and make sure to cover both sides of the filet
- Place each filets into the frying pan and let them fry until golden brown on the outside and well cooked on the inside.
- Remove mushrooms from the heat and set aside.
- Take a microwaveable plate and place each chicken filet on it. Salt them to taste.
- In the center of each filet place two spoonfuls of mushrooms
- Gently place a slice of cheddar cheese on top of the mushrooms and microwave until cheese is melted.
This delicious fried chicken breast is perfect for a quick dinner. Add some green vegetables to the side or if you prefer the more common French fries and enjoy this exquisite meal!
This was a guest post left by Aronno, a writer and food lover. If you have left over fried chicken breast filets, make sure to store them properly in food containers that are well sealed. If you are looking for excellent food containers, visit: http://www.ebottles.com.