When pregnant, it is necessary that you keep a sufficient amount of nutrients. Therefore, you should eat a good amount of food that is healthy for you and the baby. Some things that can be very harmful for you and the baby are alcohol, cigarettes, liver, deli meats, raw eggs, and fish that contain high levels of mercury. Although there are many things that should be avoided, there are also many things that are good for you and that are encouraged by doctors as well as any health official. There are many nutritious foods that you should include in your dietary intake such as avocado, broccoli, carrot, lentil, mango, nuts, yoghurt, and spinach. All of these food items, which are filled with healthy nutrients, are vital for pregnant moms.
Although fruits and vegetables keep you healthy, there are also some meals that are very nutritiousand beneficial. Carbohydrates, proteins, calcium, iron, and zinc are just a few of the many nutrients that you need during your pregnancy. Gazpacho with shrimp, mushroom quinoa risotto, Korean beef broccoli, raspberry turnovers, and peanut butter chocolate chip energy bars are some of the delicious and healthy dishesthat you can share not only with other pregnant women but also with your family. The following is a mouthwatering dish that has great taste and can even be enjoyed by people who are not pregnant.
Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burrito:
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup skim milk
- ½ green pepper (finely chopped)
- 10 slices Turkey bacon (cut into pieces)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 10 flour tortillas
- ½ cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon, green pepper, and onion and stir for a quarter hour or until bacon is brown.
- Remove skillet.
- In a bowl, add milk, eggs, and pepper; stir all together.
- Pour milk mixture over the bacon mixture.
- Return skillet to very low heat for about three minutes or until eggs are nearly cooked.
- Remove skillet from the stove and stir in some bacon and cheese.
- Place ¼ cup mixture onto eachtortilla. Roll tortilla and then microwave rolls for 120-180 seconds or until burritos are hot.
- Before serving, sprinkle salsa over burritos.
This recipe is a great alternative to the usual nutritious snacks that all pregnant women are customarily required to eat. This meal is not only delicious and healthy but also very filling. It leaves you feeling fresh and ready for the day ahead of you.I hope you enjoy this recipe. If you try out this recipe, then please do tell me your thoughts. Please share any comments or requests below.
About the author:
Sana Knightly loves food and is appreciative of all kinds of food. She loves to prepare her own meals and works at Shahiya.com, an English and Arabic recipe website that can be helpful for anyone who loves food and has an appetite.
Incoming search terms: